Important Club Announcements
If hidden, announcements will re-appear after 4 hours. Close will hide this window, and re-appear on any subsequent pages with announcements.
COVID-19 Club Protocol
The Thoreau Club will follow the CDC and DPH Guidelines as well as other safety protocol. All staff have been trained in the CDC protocol, including social distancing, use of face coverings, personal hand sanitation and cleaning protocol that is expected of staff and of our members.
To facilitate a safe and healthy working environment for our staff and our clients, we have established the following criteria:
Click Here for Printable PDF Club Hours Download Our App
General Operating Protocol
- All staff and participants are expected to perform a health self-check prior to arriving at the Club including:
- Take your temperature. Your temperature must be below 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Check for flu like symptoms, including sore throat, fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, muscle or body aches and congestion or runny nose.
- New loss of taste or smell.
- If you exhibit any of these symptoms, please do not come to the Club. Contact your health provider.
- All participants will be required to check-in with Member Services upon arrival. To the maximum extent possible, Member Services will be a touch-free zone. Please have your membership card ready to self-scan.
- All persons, including employees, customers, and vendors should remain at least six feet apart to the greatest extent possible, both inside and outside the clubhouse.
- Personal hygiene will be strictly enforced including: remaining home if you are ill, vigilant hand washing and sanitization, coughing or sneezing into a tissue and properly disposing, wearing your face covering and not touching your face, etc.
- Housekeeping staff will provide regular sanitization of high touch common surfaces and areas, such as equipment, screens, workstations, doorknobs, elevator buttons, handles, restrooms, counter surfaces, etc., throughout the Club, throughout the day.However, not all surfaces will be cleaned prior to being contacted by another user.Use of the facility is at your own risk.
- Until further notice, upon your arrival at the Club, several health check questions will be asked prior to your use of the Club.
- Face masks will be required for all Thoreau employees until further notice.
- Face masks will be required for all indoor participants until further notice.(See the exception to heavy exercise under fitness and group exercise classes.)
- Facemasks will be required outdoors when social distancing cannot be maintained, including the outdoor pools and tennis courts until further notice.
- Facemasks should not be used when in the swimming pool.
- Locker rooms and whirlpools will remain closed until further notice.
- Elevator use will be limited to one rider at a time.
- Water fountains in the clubhouse and bubblers in the outdoor pool and tennis courts will not be available until further notice. Please bring your own drinking water. Water will be available through the vending machine.
- There are multiple cleaning and sanitation stations throughout the building, tennis courts and pool areas including hand sanitizer, tissues, open top trash cans, equipment wipes and instructional signage.
- Ample signs have been added throughout the facility to provide instruction and reminders of the CDC Guidelines
Swimming Pool Protocol
- Seating has been strategically placed throughout the outdoor pool area and lawns. Please sit and swim with your household members only and separate your group from all other groups by at least 6 feet.
- Please practice social distancing and remain at least 6 feet from any other individual, other than members of the same household while in the water, on the pool deck, on the lawn, in the restrooms or in the shower spaces.
- No more than 2 swimmers per lane.
- Restrooms are available on the pool deck. The family changing rooms located across from the main group exercise studio will be available for your use for showers. Please be mindful of social distancing when using any shared spaces. To the maximum extent possible, please plan to arrive at the Club ready to swim and sun.
- Outdoor pool users and staff are required to sanitize their hands upon entering and exiting the pool area. Hand sanitizer is available at the entrance to the outdoor pools and stationed around the pools.
- When transiting from the front desk to the outdoor pools, please enter the pool areas through the swinging door to your left. Please exit the pool areas through the revolving door.
- Please do not share equipment such as personal floatation devices, (PFD's), masks, snorkels, noodles, kick boards, etc. Sani Wipes are provided at the entry to the outdoor pools and throughout the pool area to clean any equipment.
- Please be sure to sanitize your deck chairs both before you sit and after your use. Sani wipes are provided throughout the pool area.
- Organized events such as games are not permitted.
- The diving board will not be in service until further notice.
- Upon completion of your time at the outdoor pool, please sanitize your hands and leave the property.
- Reservations are required for all tennis programs.
- Please check in with Member Services upon arrival and proceed directly to your court.
- No more than 4 players per court.
- Please practice social distancing and remain at least 6 feet from any other individual.
- Players will be expected to supply their own tennis balls, available for sale at the front desk. A magic marker will be available to allow each player to initial their tennis balls and players will be encouraged to only pick up their tennis balls.
- Players and coaches are required to sanitize their hands upon entering and exiting the tennis court. Hand sanitizer is available at the entrance to each tennis court area.
- When changing sides of the court, please cross the court at opposite ends of the net.
- Please do not congregate between matches and be sure to maintain social distancing.
- Please do not enter the court area until other players have exited from your court.
- Following a lesson, please push the tennis balls to the net where they will be picked up by the tennis coach with a ball hopper.
- No shaking of hands pre- or post-match.
- Please do not share equipment such as racquets. Sani Wipes are provided at the entry to each court area to clean any equipment.
- Tennis coaches will have their own basket of tennis balls for their lessons.
- Upon completion of your tennis, please sanitize your hands and leave the property.
Fitness & Group Exercise Protocol
- All group exercise and fitness participants will be required to reserve a space for every group exercise class or for use of the fitness centers. Reservations may be made through the Club app.
- All members will be required to clean all surfaces touched after using any fitness equipment. Failure to do so can result is loss of privileges.
- We have removed, relocated, or restricted access to several pieces of fitness equipment, including the spin bikes and Club furnishings to provide for appropriate social distancing.
- Certain equipment will not be available in group exercise classes including yoga mats, blocks and blankets.
- Please practice social distancing and remain at least 6 feet from any other individual, other than members of the same household, while transitioning the Club or exercising.
- For the near term, please remain at least 14 feet apart from other individuals if you are exercising and breathing heavily.
- Spaces have been marked within the group exercise studio for proper placement to accommodate social distancing of 14 feet. Please remain as close to the marked locations as possible during class.
- Please enter the group exercise studio through the door closest to the pool and exit from the opposite door furthest from the pool.
- Restrooms are available in the clubhouse on the main floor and on the top floor of the strength training center. The family changing rooms across from the main group exercise studio on the bottom floor will be available for your use for showers. Please be mindful of social distancing when using any shared spaces. To the maximum extent possible, please plan to arrive at the Club several minutes in advance of your reservation.
- Face coverings are required while exercising on the floor of the fitness center.
- Face coverings are recommended but not required when breathing heavily on a piece of cardio equipment or in a group exercise class only provided social distancing of at least 14 feet can be maintained.
- Face coverings should not be worn while in the water classes.
- Fitness center and group exercise class participants are required to sanitize any surfaces touched during your participation. Sani Wipes are provided throughout the fitness centers and within the studio. Please clean the surfaces thoroughly. Failure to do so can result in suspension of your participation.
- Fitness center and group exercise users and staff are required to sanitize their hands upon entering and exiting the fitness center or studio spaces. Hand sanitizer is available at the entrances to these spaces and are located throughout the fitness centers.
- When transiting from the front desk please enter the fitness center through the swinging door to your right as you enter. Please exit the fitness center through the swinging door to your right as you exit. (Opposite sides.)
- Please do not share equipment with other exercisers. Sani Wipes are provided throughout the fitness centers and within the group exercise studios to clean any equipment you use. We strongly recommend you clean each surface you touch in advance of touching it and then again once you are done.
- Upon completion of your time at the fitness center or in your group exercise class, please sanitize your hands and leave the property.
Register for Group Fitness Classes